Ginger Liqueur recipe
* I Have Not Made This Yet
- 750 ml Brandy (or other high-proof grape spirit)
- 6 oz. fresh ginger, divided
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. loose-leaf chamomile tea
- 1 whole vanilla pod
- 1 orange
- Peel and finely dice 4 oz. of fresh ginger. Combine the peeled, chopped ginger and brandy in a 1-liter glass jar. Cover, shake and store in a cool, dark place for 1 week, shaking daily.
- After 1 week, peel and finely dice the remaining ginger. In a small saucepan, combine this ginger with water, honey and chamomile tea. Bring just to a simmer, stir until the honey dissolves, remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- With a vegetable peeler, remove the outer peel (or zest) of the orange, taking care to avoid the white pith. Use a paring knife to split the vanilla pod lengthwise. Add the orange peel and vanilla pod to the ginger-brandy mixture.
- Without straining, pour the ginger-chamomile honey syrup into the ginger-brandy mixture. Cover, shake and store in a cool, dark place for 1 week, shaking every few days.
- Fine-strain the liquid through multiple layers of cheesecloth (or use a nut-milk bag or coffee filter) while funneling into a clean glass bottle. Cap (or cork) and store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
‹ All Cocktails