From time to time, I have ideas about things that I'd like to make or see make. Most of the time I don't actually make these things but it feels nice to just get them out of my head!
Nov 23, 2018
Accessible audio device
An audio book device for children, people with disabilities, and the elderly. Concentrate on extremely easy navigation and content discovery. Both audio and physical controls.
- Ebook market connected to Amazon, Audible, podcasts (need to deal with payments)
- Podcast discovery either linked to an existing directory or curated or direct from producers
- Setup based on YOB, topics
- Large, easy to use buttons and
- Voice commands with setup, voice selection (++)
- Simple screen for people with better vision or a helper (++)
- Multiple audio out; either very solid, stable BT or none (++)
- Very simple, stripped down version for cheap
- AM/FM radio?
Aug 29, 2016
A community centered around checklists
Curated and created checklists to prepare for XYZ. Create your own, modify existing, community submissions. Tracking similar to git: changelogs, forks, etc.
Jul 03, 2015
I’m Stuck: a community to help you find your way out
I find myself in familiar "stuck" places regularly:
- I have free time but don't know what to do with it
- I have too much to do and can't figure out what to do first
- I know what I need to do but I can't start or stay focused
- I'm having trouble letting go of a thought or emotion
In these times, I imagine a yes-no flowchart that helps me rediscover helpful paths I've used before to get unstuck. Essentially a system of reminders based on how I've become unstuck in the past.
Layer on top of that link aggregation (links to studies or articles that reinforce) and crowd-sourcing (other people can chime in with what helped them, which can be added to your list).
May 25, 2015
Digital map placards
Leave public notes at specific latitude/longitudes via a mobile app. When you have the app turned to "Discovery," it vibrates when it gets near a placard or groups of placards. You can set the distance around you to pick up more or less. Placards could contain personal memories ("proposed to my partner here") or facts and be attributed to someone or anonymous.
Oct 16, 2014
A conversation parsing app that records a conversation for archive and parses out data like websites, names, businesses, etc. Sends a report with everything it found along with possible misses. Audio-only with a focus less on the recorded audio and the text transcript. Can automatically add context like "Hey Parser, look for that Korean place in Edmonds."